Essential Health Benefits of Amla Juice for Seniors
What is Amla Juice?
Amla, often called “Indian gooseberry”, is a tree native to Asia and its fruit is loaded with nutrients. Amla juice is a rich source of Nutrient C, which is 20 times greater than squeezed orange. It is sour and has an astringent flavour with the distinctive odour of Amla. Regular consumption of Amla juice can also improve immunity in seniors. As per Ayurveda, Amla juice is one of the top Rasayanic tonics that can help improve the appearance of the skin, cleanse the blood, and improve eyesight.
Is Amla Juice Good For Seniors?
Amla juice is loaded with antioxidants; it is high in vitamin C and has numerous health advantages. The greenish-yellow berries are bitter with a sweet aftertaste that helps seniors boost their immune systems. Amla juice is also believed to increase hair and nails’ texture, colour, length, and thickness.
Amla juice increases the immunity of seniors, enhances the functioning of the liver, regulates blood sugar levels, improves memory and brain health
Although seniors drinking amla juice throughout the day is beneficial, it is also essential to be aware of the effects.
How To Make The Amla Juice In Your Home?
Ingredients for Amla juice
- Fresh Amla 1 kg
- 500gms of honey or jaggery/gur
- 250 gms ginger
- Fresh lemons from 10 to 15
- Salt to taste
1. Chop Amla into smaller pieces; combine it in a bowl with some salt. Allow it to rest for at least two hours.
2. In a saucepan, add jaggery or honey into the water and start heating. Please bring it to a simmer and form a syrup. Let it cool.
3. Wash the salted amlas with clean water, and then put them in an extractor to get the juice. In the same way, extract ginger juice, too.
4. Mix amla juice with ginger juice. In addition, squeeze lemons into it.
5. Mix the syrup with honey or jaggery and keep it in the glass bottle.
How To Make The Amla-Aloe Vera Juice In Your Home?
Ingredients for Amla aloe vera juice
- Amla / Gooseberry – 4
- Mint Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Aloe Vera – 2 tsp
- Ginger – a tiny piece
- Jaggery powder – 3 Tbsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- 2 cups of water
- Lemon Juice 1 tbsp
- In a blender, Mix the Aloe vera gel with chopped Amla.
- Add ginger, and also a few mint leaves.
- Again add the salt water along with jaggery powder and blend it well.
- Add the Lemon Juice
- Strain the Amla aloe vera juice and serve it right away.
Health Benefits of Amla Juice for Seniors
Amla juice isn’t just tasty and versatile, but it is also very nutritious and is associated with many health advantages.
Here are the 12 best benefits of amla juice.
1. Regular drinking of Amla juice can help seniors lower their cholesterol levels. The antioxidants and amino acids aid in the heart’s overall functioning and assist in regulating diabetes and respiratory diseases such as asthma more effectively.
2. It supports liver function and helps flush out toxins from your body. Alongside vitamin C, Amla is also high in calcium, iron, and phosphorus and can be consumed as a wholesome healthy drink.
3. Treats Acne: It is also possible to create Amla paste and apply it to the affected areas of your face. Allow it for no more than 15 mins. This can help manage the pimple’s fine lines and the scarring caused by acne. Amla juice is a blood purifier that prevents spots and the acne effects from appearing.
4. Consuming Amla juice regularly improves vitamin C levels and increases the skin’s collagen levels. The high levels of collagen content in senior skin help in skin tightening and making the skin appear smoother.
5. Drinking Amla juice is believed to cleanse and reduce the pigmentation of your face skin. The only thing you have to do is apply amla juice to your face. When the liquid has dried, ensure that you use a tiny piece of cotton and then wipe it off. Keep your eyes closed while you do this. Conducting this daily will lighten marks on the skin and decrease pigmentation.
6. Many hair-related issues can crop up in your advancing years. The most severe hair issue you’ll face is greying if you’re suffering from hair-related problems such as dandruff or premature greying or dryness in hair. Consuming Amla juice regularly is an effective antidote against hair problems.
7. Consuming aloe vera juice can help senior skin age slowly. As seniors age, they desire to look younger. Therefore, seniors can make amla juice with aloe vera and add honey to their drinks. This drink is full of antioxidants, which can assist in making elderly skin look healthier and fight ageing signs.
8. Regular intake of Amla juice not only repairs pancreatic tissues but also stops the degeneration of the cells producing insulin, thus aiding in insulin production.
9. Gut Health: If seniors suffer from Irritable bowel syndrome with constipation (IBS-C), IBS, or other digestive problems, Drink amla juice each morning to cleanse the system.
10. The alkaline quality of Amla juice is believed to cleanse and improve senior digestion. The high fibre content in Amla is excellent for the digestive system since it helps to treat constipation, and the Amla juice also has anti-inflammatory properties.
11. Amla juice can benefit seniors struggling with their weight management since it helps in digestion and boosts metabolism. There are numerous benefits of eating Amla with a full stomach, and many individuals also make use of Amla for weight loss.
12. Helps manage chronic conditions: High cholesterol, heart disease, cancer, asthma, and high cholesterol are the ailments that affect seniors. There are numerous therapeutic uses for Amla juice, and these chronic health problems can be controlled by eating this superfood.
Amla Juice Specific Health Benefits:
Amla Juice helps the Memory and Brain Health
The antioxidants and phytonutrients found in Amla may aid memory by fighting free radicals that attack and destroy brain cells. Amla juice’s high content of vitamin C assists your body to produce norepinephrine, a neurotransmitter that has been proven to improve the seniors’ brain function in those who have dementia.
Amla Juice for hair
Amla juice can benefit your hair, making it appear silky and smooth. It has been used as a natural remedy for dry and dandruff-free hair for a long time in India. Here are some benefits for hair that amla juice may provide:
Natural Hair Straightener for Straighter Hair:
Amla juice or paste is known to strengthen senior hair follicles and boost hair growth. All you have to do is apply amla juice to your scalp and leave it for about 30 minutes. After drying, you can wash it off using cool water, strengthening the hair and providing it with an additional coat of shine.
Organic Hair Care:
Amla juice can be an excellent conditioner for hair and can help provide senior hair with an even and smooth finish. You have to mix some amla juice with some henna and rub it on your hair. When it is soiled and dry, rinse it off with cool water to give senior hair the extra shine and smoothness. It will make the hair appear healthy.
Amla Juice to help with diabetes
Amla juice is packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. This bitter berry can improve your skin health and enhance hair health, aid weight loss, and control the effects of high BP.
Amla is high in fibre. Fibre aids in digestion and facilitates the slow release of sugar into the bloodstream, and this will ensure that elderly blood sugar levels remain constant.
The Side Effects of Amla Juice
- Some seniors with allergies consuming Amla products may increase the chance of bleeding.
- For diabetic patients, Amla juice should be taken with caution since its consumption can dramatically reduce the blood sugar level.
- If the elderly suffer from dry scalp or dry skin, drinking too much Amla could cause more problems, and it could cause problems of hair loss, dry skin, itchiness, and dandruff issues.
- Consuming Amla in large amounts can cause liver issues.
Learn the Benefits of Other Nutritious Foods
|Giloy||Health Benefits of Giloy|
|Beetroot||Health Benefits of Beetroot|
|Green Apple||Health Benefits of Green Apples|
|Pomegranates||Health Benefits of Pomegranate|
|Strawberry||Health Benefits of Strawberry Juice|
|Lime||Health Benefits of Lime Juice|
Frequently Asked Questions
Half a cup of amla juice could be added to an ice-cold glass, and it can be consumed first thing at the beginning of your day. You can add honey to the flavour, and you can also drink it with cool water.
What is the best time to drink amla juice?
It is recommended to consume amla juice at the beginning of your day. Consume a small amount (20-30 ml) diluted with a glass of water. You may mix a small amount of honey and lemon juice to enhance the taste.
Vitamin C present in Amla boosts the antioxidants that our body produces. Amla juice is a blood purifier; it increases the natural colour of hair and prevents premature greying of hair. It also has antiviral and anti-fungal properties to help prevent dandruff and other fungal infections, thus improving your scalp’s health.
While Amla is beneficial for those suffering from Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes, it’s not suitable for those who tend to have an insufficient blood sugar level or who are taking anti-diabetic medication.
Drinking Amla juice daily improves heart health. Various studies indicate that consuming amla juice could help improve various elements of heart health. In one study, eating 500 mg of extracts from Amla every day for 12 weeks reduced the amount of triglyceride, total cholesterol, and LDL (bad) cholesterol in 98 individuals who had abnormal blood lipid levels.