Top 10 Senior-Friendly Cars in India in 2022
We all have different factors to consider while buying a car,but our goal of buying the best car possible in India that suffices our individual needsis shared. Whileyoungsters look for style and performance, seniors prefer a car that is compact and comfortable, one that offers good ingress and egress (entry & exit) amongst other ergonomic features, and provides utmost safety while being easy enough to drive without too much expertise.
In 2022 there is a range of cars that will satisfy the aforementioned criteria, and we have compiled a list of the 10 best cars in India for seniors. These options presented below are affordable, easy to manoeuvre, drive and park in the city; they come with standard-essential safety features and have an automatic transmission option for a tension-free, serene driving experience.These options are often deemed as the safest cars in India for seniors.
1. Maruti Suzuki WagonR
The WagonR AMT is one of the best options for all senior citizens as travelling in this hatch is equally comfortable as driving in it.
The key characteristics that make WagonR senior citizen-friendly are:
- Comfortable Ride Quality
- Availability of AMT
- Decent Infotainment System
- Ground Clearance of 165mm
- Cost effective Gasoline performance of 21.21 kmpl in AMT
2. Hyundai Venue
The Korean subcompact SUV has been performing well in the Indian market. The salient features that make Hyundai Venue senior citizen-friendly are:
- Ease of driving with comfortable ingress and egress
- Offers an automatic gearbox (in turbocharged variants) and has a very light clutch making manual driving delightful as well.
- Vehicle Stability Management (VSM) along with Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Brake Assist System (BAS)
- Hill Assist Control (HAC)
- Fuel Efficiency of 23.4 kmpl (in diesel variants)
- 6 Airbags
3. Ford Figo
Ford Figo is a value-for-money hatchback for seniors that are breezing through the Indian market.
Features that make Figo a great fit for the seniors are:
- Excellent performance with ease of driving, manoeuvring, and parking
- 6 airbags, ESP, ABS with EBD, traction control, and rear parking camera
- Efficiency ranging from 20-25 (based on the engine chosen)
- Optional 6-speed torque convertor automatic transmission option, useful for increasing city traffic
4. Maruti Suzuki Baleno
Baleno, a premium hatchback from Maruti Suzuki, ever since its launch has been a segment leader. Baleno has received tremendous love in India from young and old alike for it has been a complete package, equipped with all the necessary features and the right performance at a decent price. So, if you’re looking to get a quality driving experience for seniors along with Maruti’s famous reliability, the following key features will make Baleno a perfect choice:
- Maruti Suzuki’s impressive fuel-efficient engine delivers 27.3 kmpl.
- Optional CVT gearbox
- Safety capabilities like Dual front airbags, rear parking assist with camera and ABS with EBD
- Comfortable ride quality
5. Maruti Ignis
This uniquely designed Maruti hatchback comes with a decent ground clearance of 180mm. It offers a high seating position with ample head and legroom hence a suitable option for a senior driver. Maruti Ignis is senior-friendly because of:
- Features like LED projector headlamps, auto climate control, and an infotainment system with navigation
- Dual airbags and ABS with EBD
- 5-speed AMT
- 180mm ground clearance, high seating, ample leg and headroom
6. Mahindra XUV300
The post-retirement life is the time for adventures for seniors who are young at heart and are aiming to keep their souls forever young. Mahindra XUV300 is a sturdy car with great performance, offers high seating (enhanced visibility for a sedan), and is quite safe and spacious.
Other key features that make Mahindra XUV300 a perfect companion for your post-retirement fun phase are:
- 5-star NCAP safety rating (one of the safest compact sedans in India)
- Brilliant ground clearance of 180mm
- New-age features like cruise control (easier drive)
- Gasoline performance of 17-20 kmpl.
- AMT capability in both petrol & diesel versions
7. Ford Ecosport
Ford EcoSport is an extensively loved compact SUV for seniors. It comes with decent ground clearance and offers high seating not only for the driver but for all co-passengers. Due to their low profile, seniors get bothered getting into a sedan, that’s where EcoSport makes it fun and easy for seniors to travel.
Other features that make Ford EcoSport an impeccable senior-friendly car are:
- Overall crash-test rating of 4-Star from the NHTSA.
- Dual front airbags, Stability Control System Traction Control,
- ABS in addition to EBD
- Emergency Brake Assist in addition to Hill Launch Assist
- 6-Speed Automatic Transmission, a wonderful option for senior drivers.
8. Maruti Suzuki Dzire
If you enjoy driving a sedan, the Maruti Suzuki Dzire, a value-for-money option, could be a great fit for you. The Dzire AMT can return better mileage than most manuals available and it also comes with a factory-fitted CNG option.
Features that make Maruti Suzuki Dzire a good senior-citizen friendly car are:
- Automatic transmission (Optional)
- Comfy rear seats
- The efficiency of up to 23 kmpl, factory-fitted CNG option available
- Ground clearance of 163mm
- Feature-Packed higher variants
9. Tata Tiago
If you find WagonR too mundane, the Tiago will strike a chord with its refreshing stance. The Tiago is captivating, safe (superb 4-stars in the GNCAP safety test), and delivers 27 km in addition to other attributes, making it a popular pick among the elderly.
Other key features that make Tata Tiago a perfect choice for senior citizens are:
- Premium-looking cabin
- Height adjustable driver’s seat
- Rake adjustable steering
- ABS, EBD, Dual front airbags
- 4-Star NCAP Safety Rating
- Optional Automatic Transmission
10. Tata Harrier
The Harrier is constructed with the Land Rover DNA, hence a perfect choice for anyone looking for extreme safety with great performance. It’s slightly costlier than all the cars above but definitely worth the investment if you seek adventures.
The reasons Tata Harrier is one of the best senior-citizen friendly cars are:
- Build on Land Rover’s D8 Platform
- The 205mm ground clearance
- Tata’s build quality, safety, and reliability
- The fuel efficiency of 16.79 kmpl
- Feature-packed in addition to proper safety considerations
You May Also Like
|6 Glasses That Make You Look Younger||Easy To Use Smartphones For Seniors|
|Adaptive Clothing – Ease Of Dressing For Elderly||8 Unique Retirement Gifts For Men In 2022|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best car for an elderly person in India?
Maruti Wagon R due to its affordability, tallboy design, fuel efficiency, comfort, and AMT availability is considered one of the best cars for seniors in India. This hatchback has been serving the Indian market for more than two decades.
Which cars have a 5-star safety rating by NCAP?
Mahindra XUV300, Tata Altroz and Tata Nexon are rated 5-star by the NCAP
Which car is easiest to drive?
The best car for beginners is Maruti Suzuki Alto (available in two variants – Alto 800 and Alto K10).
Which is the easiest car for seniors to get in and out of?
Subaru Forester, the Lexus RX, and the Toyota Rav 4 are the best cars for seniors to get in and get out of.