Spirituality is a perception that differs among humans. For some, it could be believing in God and participating in religious activities, while for others, finding the true meaning behind life. Spirituality has a huge role in human life, whether consciously or unconsciously and for your understanding, here is a helping guide
Spirituality is related to thoughts and beliefs in a person’s mind rather than the body or physical surroundings. Spirituality is a pretty broad concept and is open to different perspectives. Spiritual meaning stands for something bigger than oneself. Spiritual awakening could be finding the true purpose in life and trying to establish a connection with the universe. For many people, spirituality is sacred, above everything else; it helps them enjoy a sense of peace and harmony with something beyond themselves.
For some, spiritual development links with their association with a temple, mosque, church, or synagogue. However, others might find their spirituality by connecting with the higher power by establishing a personal relationship. Others find spiritual enlightenment by clicking to nature and also art. Your definition of spiritual meaning could change throughout your life depending on the relationships and experiences you have gained.
Spiritual Life – How Is It Important?
Spiritual life is the quiet, simple life that you lead in and with God or the power beyond oneself. Living a spiritual life is more than just your physical heart beating. For many, spiritual life begins when they overcome the physical entities of life. Let’s understand its meaning in detail.
- Leading a spiritual life helps you perform contemplative practices, guiding you towards a specific focus. It could be anything like meditation, Yoga, praying or even journaling. These practices help you explore your thoughts and reflect or focus on particular sensations. These practices also help increase empathy and attention and attain peace. Meditation helps you stay calm, keeps your mind focused and helps you remain clear-headed. Meditation is also known to increase the grey matter density, helping you control your emotions and relieving you from stress. Prayer induces a feeling of relaxation and positively affects your well-being. You feel closer to the higher power, believing this can help you attain comfort and support during a difficult period. People have been practising Yoga for centuries, and it helps in connecting your soul to your mind and surroundings through physical postures, expansive breathing, and ethical behaviours.
- Several spiritual traditions encourage individuals to participate in communities, including a church group or a yoga or meditation group. It helps you communicate with like-minded people who search for a higher power. Being a part of a spiritual community boosts life expectancy and well-being.
- Gaining spiritual strength can surely help you overcome the hardships you face. Understanding the interconnectedness of all kinds of life helps you overcome bitter experiences, even if it takes time.
- People who believe in leading a spiritual life are known to make healthier life choices. When conducting a spiritual life, there are rules in treating the body with kindness and avoiding anything that could damage it.
- Leading a spiritual life would help you live longer than others.
- Spirituality teaches individuals the importance of forgiveness. Through studies, modern science shows that forgiveness is a wonderful medicine for increasing immune function, lowering blood pressure, improving cardiovascular health, and ensuring one has a longer lifespan.
What Are Spiritual Quotes?
Spiritual words or quotes initiate spiritual influence making a person capable of thinking, speaking, understanding or acting in a way that aligns with the foundation of spirituality.
Spiritual Quotes with Meaning & Examples
Here are some important spiritual quotes to help you add meaning to life.
1. “You are the product of your thoughts”– Swami Vivekananda
Your thoughts determine the kind of person you would become. Therefore, it is important to consider how and what you think because thoughts are known to travel far.
2. “You become what you think”– Swami Vivekananda
Your thoughts make you a person. So if you feel you are weak, you will turn out to be soft, but if you believe you can overcome anything and have a positive approach, it will help you overcome the difficulties in life.
3. “Purity is strength”– Swami Vivekananda
Being pure, you have nothing to fear. Being pure and keeping your mind pure is your strength.
4. “Be unselfish and humble”– Swami Vivekananda
Great things will only come to you when you are unselfish and humble and take small approaches to begin your journey. Always have the courage and be charitable, whether in life, helping others or at work.
5. “Contemplate on high ideals”– Swami Vivekananda
Being spiritual is not just enough; you have to fill your brain with high thoughts and ideas and keep them in mind night and day. It would help you achieve greatness. Remember this spiritual quote to attain great things in life.
6. “When you accept that there are certain truths in your life that you can’t change, it allows you to embrace your new reality and move forward.” —Amy Purdy
Accepting that there are different truths to live that would be there forever is important to attain peace. It helps you embrace reality without any illusion and move in life no matter where you have stuck.
7. “Know what sparks the light in you so that you, in your own way, can illuminate the world.” —Oprah Winfrey
No two humans are the same. The faster you understand your true potential and what makes you different as a spiritual person, the more you will be able to influence others
8. “Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.” —Wayne Dyer
Accepting life as it helps in attaining peace faster than dreaming about what life should be.
9. “Set peace of mind as your highest goal, and organise your life around it.” —Brian Tracy
Spirituality encourages gaining peace of mind and keeping yourself calm in all situations. Setting peace of mind as the highest goal, you would be able to lead a life in an organised way.
10. “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” —Princess Diana
Spirituality is about not expecting anything in return, and you should not expect something in return at the end of the day after doing a random act of kindness.
What Makes One Spiritual?
Recognising the feeling or the emotion that the universe is not just about oneself, but there exists a bigger power is what makes a person spiritual. They believe that the greater world or the universe is divine and there is more than human sensory experience
- They would never care about the societal divisions placed upon humanity. Being a spiritual person, you would not care about the people’s religion while interacting with them. As a spiritual person, you understand the value of living harmoniously and respecting all, no matter their belief or faith.
- Spiritual people do not tend to be judgmental because of how mindful they are, and this is an important spiritual value. Spiritual individuals try to understand where the belief is coming from and believe there must be a valid reason behind everything. They also tend to think that there exists good in everyone.
- As a spiritual being, you know that no two humans are the same.
- If your spiritual journey leads you to believe that there is not one but several truths in this universe, this is a quality of a truly spiritual person. They understand that one individual cannot have answers to all the questions that exist in this universe.
- You always believe in going beyond helping people. You believe in honesty, being humble and believing that there exists a good among everyone.
To conclude, spirituality and emotions are deeply interlinked. To find yourself and transcend the physical boundaries, you need to first listen to your heart and inner thoughts to attain peace.