Super Nourishing Body Massage Oils and Their Wonderful Advantages
Say goodbye to the constant stress in today’s fast-paced world with nourishing body massage oils. Let these fantastic oils take care of the skin that is suffering. See signs such as fine lines, wrinkles, and pimples gradually disappear. Luckily, massage oils do a lot more than that. Beyond soothing, massage has several health benefits.
Body Massage Oils since Ancient Times
Massage oils, popularly known as oil baths and Abhyanga Snana in Ayurveda, are deeply rooted in India’s cultural fabric. Since ancient times, there has been a complete system surrounding the oil bath ritual. This includes choosing the perfect oil bath day for men and women, the specific oils and herbs to use, and the shloka to recite when applying the oil for longevity.
Oil Massage Benefits for the Skin
Oil massage has several benefits. The best oils moisturise and nourish your skin to keep it soft and radiant. Body oils penetrate the skin, improve elasticity, and help remove blemishes and flaky skin. Natural oils are supported with a range of researched benefits.
- Moisturising (prevents moisture from evaporating from the skin)
- Soothes the skin (has a softening effect)
- It has antioxidant properties (prevents free radical damage)
- It has antibacterial properties
- It has anti-inflammatory properties
- Barrier repair: Some oils have been shown to have a restorative barrier effect. Oils that contain more linoleic acid and less oleic acid are better at repairing the skin barrier. Oils with more oleic acid can be irritating to the skin.
- Lightens scarring: Some natural oils, such as rosehip oil, may help heal wounds and make scars less noticeable.
- Reduce UV damage: Sun damage can seriously affect the appearance of your skin. Although natural oils do not protect the skin from sun damage (sunscreen is required), some oils can help reduce UV damage.
Different Oils and Their Advantages
This oil slowly penetrates the skin, making it perfect for a light massage. Olive oil for massage is excellent for locking in moisture and relaxing muscles. It helps increase blood flow and reduces pain, muscle spasms, and inflammation. It is a relaxing massage oil.
Healthy bones form the building blocks of a healthy life, and sesame oil does it the best. It’s derived from sesame seeds, a great source of magnesium, copper, healthy omega-3 fats, calcium, and protein. A daily massage with sesame oil helps strengthen bones and also calms the brain. It keeps the skin hydrated, and its vitamin E content can reduce the appearance of stretch marks and prevent skin ageing.
Coconut oil isn’t good for cooking (90% of fat content is saturated fat), but it moisturises the skin. It is naturally antibacterial and antifungal. It has moisturising properties to help cleanse your skin. This oil can also be used as a lip balm or cleanser.
Almond oil is top-rated massage oil. The pale yellow oil is non-greasy and does not have much of an odour. It gives a nice slip over the skin and absorbs quickly. It’s also rich in vitamin E, which helps protect the skin from sun damage and premature ageing. It helps to take care of fungal infections.
It can be a little sticky, but it is one of the best massage oils. It helps reduce inflammation and pain. Especially in winter, applying warm mustard oil to your skin can help prevent it from drying out. The compounds it contains can also slow the growth of cancer cells, block the growth of microorganisms, and improve hair and skin health. Applying mustard oil near the eyes can irritate.
The Best Oils for Different Purposes
- The best body massage oil for glowing skin: Olive oil contains various vitamins and fatty acids that are easily absorbed by the skin, providing moisture and nourishment that lasts for a long time. The lightweight formula of the oil absorbs quickly into the skin to banish dryness and reveal a healthy, dewy glow. Almond massage oil is made by pressing almonds that retain most of their essential ingredients. This oil contains nutrients, including vitamin E, A, and omega-3 fatty acids, nourishing and moisturising the skin. Almond massage oil also contains nutrients to nourish and improve skin while restoring its natural radiance.
- The best oil for body massage in summer: Jojoba is a natural emollient. This means that it is easily absorbed by the skin and improves the natural barrier to ‘lock in’ moisture, giving the face a fresh, hydrated glow. Another quality is that it is very gentle and best suited for the summer months.
- The best oil for home body massage in India: Sesame oil has been used in Indian homes since ancient times as a body massage oil. It has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties and can help you in many ways. It is the oil that balances all the doshas.
- The best massage oil for muscle growth: Sesame oil is considered a powerhouse for building muscle mass. Therefore, it is the best oil for muscle growth.
- The best oil for baby massage – In the summer, coconut oil and sesame oil are ideal for massaging your child. Coconut oil is cooling, has antifungal and antibacterial properties, and is fantastic for your baby’s skin. Massage your munchkin with sesame oil. It helps to build strong bones. You can use mustard oil or olive oil for the winter. The luxurious almond oil is rich in vitamin E and can be used any time of the year.
We hope the above blog will significantly help you pamper yourself and benefit greatly from a fantastic oil massage. Benefits from these excellent tips for a beautiful experience of oil massage will ease your muscles, hydrate your skin, and help your body in many ways. Embrace a world of good vibes and positivity by treating yourself lovingly with body massage oils and their advantages.
With the Emoha app, you get access to 24/7 emergency support for non-medical and medical emergencies alike that can be availed from any place in India within seconds. You also get exclusive benefits like travel booking assistance, special discounts on travel and medicine, a helpdesk for daily support, and much more. You can also read exclusively tailored blogs for seniors on several topics, ranging from health to well-being to entertainment. Download the app from the Google Playstore or the iOS App Store.
Olive oil is a lightweight massage oil that is excellent for body massage. It penetrates the skin slowly, making it ideal for a light massage.
Oil body massage relaxes the muscles and nerves and deeply hydrates the skin, besides cleansing it.
Both olive oil and almond oil are good for glowing skin.
Yes, as the oil massage increases blood circulation and calms the muscles and nerves.
In a full-body massage, the therapist massages the whole body during the therapeutic massage.