What are the Benefits of Listening to Podcasts While Walking?
Walking helps to improve your overall health. It is the best exercise for all age groups, requires minimum equipment, and can be done during the day. Walking an hour a day benefits bones and cardiovascular fitness, decreases excess body weight, boosts muscle power, burns extra calories, and maintains fitness levels. Calories burned walking mainly depend on your weight and the distance you walk.
Benefits of listening to podcasts while walking
In recent times, podcasts appear as forms of ultimate entertainment. There are thousands of good-quality podcasts available in the market that are attracting people and being integrated into their day-to-day life. Podcasts offer entertainment, education, and inspiration. These podcasts can be played in any environment and motivate you to do more and more exercises. Here are the seven benefits of listening to podcasts on your next walk, as they contribute to your health and fitness.
7 Benefits of Listening To Podcasts While Walking
Podcasts are great for listening to music while you are brisk walking. The seven benefits of listening to podcasts while strolling are given below:
- Health benefits: Benefits of walking 45 minutes a day with listening to a podcast include strengthening the heart, lowering blood sugar levels, minimising joint pain, increasing immune function, boosting your strength, and improving your speed.
- Podcasts are free-of-cost entertainment and educational opportunities: They are offered for free. You can avail hundreds of hours of programs free of cost. It also provides free news, politics, and other learning and inspiring programs.
- Listen to it anywhere, anytime: You can’t watch a movie or show while strolling. However, you can listen to podcasts anytime. All you need to get is a good pair of headphones and a phone. You can also listen to it offline by downloading the content.
- Minimise screen time and eye strain: Research studies say that the brain is more active when listening to music than watching television. Podcasts also allow users to use their imagination, and it helps to reduce screen time and eyestrain. It enables the users to listen to two or more individuals’ debates, build on what the other has said, learn new things, get life-enhancing ideas, and enhance creativity.
- Stimulation of mental imagery by podcasts: Podcasts stimulate mental imagery immensely than watching or reading and give users more attention. It also compels the listeners to use their imagination and frame pictures in their minds. Thus, people who listen to podcasts develop a stronger imagination.
- Learn various topics directly from the experts: It helps to study multiple topics like entrepreneurship, marketing, science, travel, comedy, and many more. The podcast motivates you with new ideas and helps to expand your knowledge. It provides entertainment, offers various things to learn, and serves as an educational tool.
- Become a good listener: Podcasts help us become the best listeners. It comes in different lengths, so it is easy to listen to content even if you have only half an hour. They help us have a more outstanding endorsement for simply listening. It stimulates different brain parts and encourages you to listen actively, especially when you are interested in that topic.
With the Emoha app, you get access to 24/7 emergency support for non-medical & medical emergencies alike that can be availed from any place in India within seconds. You also get exclusive benefits like travel booking assistance, special discounts on travel & medicines, a helpdesk for daily support, and much more. You can also read exclusively tailored blogs for seniors on a number of topics ranging from health to wellbeing to entertainment. Download the app from Google Play store or iOS App Store.
As a whole, listening to podcasts while strolling has various advantages. Anew study on the benefits of walking says that a minimum walk of 30 minutes daily is essential to maintain good health. It enhances circulation, strengthens lower limbs, is easy to do, and balances physical and mental health. Combine your strolling with listening to podcasts that offer fresh air and keep you relaxed throughout the day.
Research studies prove podcasts stimulate mental imagery more intensely than watching or reading and attract listeners to give more attention.
Studies say that listening to podcasts can stimulate multiple parts of your brain.
According to studies, podcasts can reduce stress and anxiety. The relaxing sounds of nature and music refresh your mind and minimise stress.
The benefits of podcasts are multitasking, cutting screen time, and learning unique topics directly from experts.
Podcasts allow listeners to multitask, giving information about the latest news and events and entertaining them.