As we age, we must maintain a good lifestyle with exercise and nutrition, and our requirements to meet both are also ever-changing. Studies have proven that exercising regularly is vital for senior citizens and that in recent times senior citizens are opting for a lifestyle that is active and includes workouts. There are numerous benefits of exercise, specifically for senior citizens.
The older we get, the more our bodies change. Hence, senior citizens have distinct reasons to stay in shape compared to the youth. Physical fitness provides numerous benefits irrespective of age. There are a lot of perks that physically fit senior citizens enjoy. One can try different exercises with a fitness band and train and practice with a fitness trainer. Researchers suggest that seniors must remain as active as they can, but at the same time, they should not overexert themselves. Staying active for seniors help them lead a longer, joyous, and healthier life.
What is Total Fitness?
Total fitness or being fit can mean how well our body performs in every constituent of physical fitness as a whole. It is not sufficient to be able to floor press your body weight. You also need to decide your fitness through other ways, such as how well you handle running a 1000-metre race, etc.
Total fitness is about physically building your body and ensuring you are providing your body with enough nutrition to achieve fitness goals. The main highlight of being fit is developing a positive mental attitude and trying to achieve optimal health.
Is Daily Exercise Good?
Exercising daily is good for your health. Performing different exercises on a spaced repetition mode helps in doing fitness workouts that help with building endurance, strength training, flexibility, and balance. Some other benefits of regular physical activity are:
- Regular fitness workouts help in controlling weight.
- Exercising helps in eliminating various health conditions and diseases.
- It improves cognitive functions.
- A regular fitness routine helps with our mood, uplifts our spirit naturally, and boosts energy.
- It also enhances the quality of sleep.
What are the Benefits of Fitness Workouts?
Exercising has numerous benefits and a positive effect on the body and mind. Here are some benefits of fitness workouts:
- Fitness workouts improve balance and flexibility among seniors.
- Falling is common among seniors, and learning to balance ourselves can prevent falls.
- Exercising gives us so much energy and makes us so more energetic and helps us avoid lethargy. We feel livelier, and it also promotes good sleep.
- Exercising regularly helps in the elimination of various diseases. It reduces the risk of certain conditions such as diabetes and heart disease.
- Exercising improves cognitive functions. It helps us focus more and build concentration. It also keeps anxiety and depression at bay.
What are the Three Biggest Workout Mistakes?
Exercising helps to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Although any form of movement is essential, one should exercise correctly. Some of the biggest workout mistakes are:
1. Overtraining – This is one of the common mistakes as people choose an all-or-nothing attitude and end up overdoing exercises.
2. Not being in proper form – You should always be in proper form when running, doing yoga, or even lifting weights, as this is the key to getting the desired results and achieving your fitness goals.
3. Not warming up or not cooling down – It is essential to warm up before exercise as it helps prevent injuries and reduces fatigue. Similarly, if you are doing fitness workouts that are high-intensity workouts’, then cooling down is vital as it prevents muscle soreness and also helps in recovery.
If you are looking for a one-stop solution to enhance your senior health, look no further. The Emoha app helps seniors enhance their health and safety, all in the comfort of their own homes. With the Emoha app, you get access to a host of live-interactive shows, ranging from daily yoga classes to healthy cooking shows. Additionally, you can avail of facilities like 24/7 emergency support (medical & nonmedical), daily convenience help desk, daily care calls, medicine reminders, health counselling, one-tap access to all medical documents, special discounts on medicines, and much more. Download the app on Google Play Store and iOS App Store.
Fitness is as important as anything else, and we must maintain a healthy fitness routine to live a stronger and healthier life. Doing exercises regularly can sharpen our minds and make bodily functions easier. Furthermore, it is essential to maintain the fitness routine as long as you live, and it matters more as you get older.
What is a good standard of fitness?
Physical fitness comes under two categories, one is health-related, and the other is motor-related. The health-related component consists of strength, dynamic strength, flexibility, body composition, and cardiovascular fitness. Motor-related category comprises coordination, accuracy, agility, speed, balance, and power.
Why are health and fitness important?
Staying active is one of the best and easiest ways to keep the body healthy. Being physically fit lifts our mood naturally, lowers blood pressure, boosts good cholesterol levels, and keeps our weight under control.
How are fitness and lifestyle interrelated?
Fitness and lifestyle are interrelated as being physically fit requires a lot of commitment and being restrictive with food habits. A healthy lifestyle can be led only through consistent efforts for physical fitness.
Is walking a good exercise?
Walking is an excellent choice for a physical fitness workout as it is simple, easy, and a lot more comfortable. Walking is the best exercise for seniors as it can be done anywhere, anytime, and comes naturally