The Top 10 Home Remedies for Ringworm
Ringworm is a fungal infection that causes a skin rash. The rash is often itchy and can be uncomfortable. It is usually found on the scalp, body, feet, or nails. Ringworm is contagious and can be spread through contact with an infected person or animal. It can also be spread by sharing contaminated items, such as towels, clothing, or shoes. Treatment for ringworm typically includes antifungal medication. The medication can be applied to the skin or taken orally. In most cases, the infection will clear up within a few weeks. Below are some natural home remedies for ringworm.
Some natural home remedies for ringworm
- Apple cider vinegar is a natural remedy with a long history of use for various ailments. It is also effective against ringworm. The vinegar has antifungal properties that can kill the fungus that causes ringworm. It also helps to soothe the itchiness and irritation of the infection. Simply soaking a cotton ball in vinegar and applying it to the affected area can help to kill the fungus and soothe the itchiness and irritation. This can be done 2-3 times per day until the infection clears.
- Tea tree oil is another effective home remedy. The tea tree oil has natural antifungal properties that can kill the fungus that causes the infection. It also helps to soothe itchiness and irritation. To use tea tree oil for ringworm, apply a few drops of the oil to the affected area. After 30 minutes, you must wash it off with warm water. Repeat this process 2-3 times per day until the infection clears.
- Garlic is a potent antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial agent that can treat various infections, including ringworm. Garlic is also a natural anti-inflammatory agent that can help to soothe the itching and irritation associated with ringworm. To use garlic to treat ringworm, crush a few garlic cloves and apply the paste to the affected area.
- Coconut oil has many healing properties and is effective against fungal infections, such as ringworm. Coconut oil’s antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties help to soothe the skin and speed up the healing process. Coconut oil also has moisturising properties that help prevent the skin from becoming too dry and irritated. To use coconut oil for ringworm, apply it to the affected area several times a day.
- Grapefruit seed extract can help with ringworm in a few ways. It can help kill the fungus that causes ringworm and help soothe the skin and reduce inflammation. You can add a few drops to a bath or use it in a compress.
- Turmeric is an ancient spice used in India for centuries as a natural remedy for various ailments. The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin, which has potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. To use it topically, make a paste by mixing turmeric powder with water and applying it to the affected area. Wash it off after 30 minutes. To take it orally, mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder with water or milk and drink it twice daily.
- Oregano oil is an oil derived from the oregano plant. It has several uses, including as a natural treatment for ringworm. Oregano oil has antifungal and antimicrobial properties, which make it effective in treating ringworm. It can also help to soothe the itching and irritation associated with ringworm. To use oregano oil for ringworm, mix a few drops with carrier oil such as coconut oil or olive oil and apply to the affected area. Repeat this several times a day until the ringworm clears up.
- Lavender oil is an essential oil that has a wide range of benefits. It can help heal minor cuts and scrapes and more severe skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, and ringworm. Lavender oil has antifungal, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties, making it an effective treatment for ringworm. To use lavender oil for ringworm, mix a few drops of lavender oil with a carrier oil like coconut oil or jojoba oil and apply it to the affected area.
- Neem is effective in treating ringworm due to its antifungal properties. In a study published in the journal “Phytotherapy Research,” neem was shown to effectively treat ringworm in humans. The study found that neem could clear the infection in all tested subjects. In addition to its antifungal properties, neem is also antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. These properties make it an ideal treatment for ringworm, as it can help to reduce the inflammation and irritation associated with the infection. To use neem to treat ringworm, the tree bark or leaves can be made into a paste and applied to the affected area. Neem oil can also be used to treat ringworm. To use neem oil, apply a few drops to the affected area.
- Cinnamon is known for its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, which make it an effective remedy for skin conditions like ringworm. When applied to the affected area, cinnamon can help to soothe the itchiness and irritation caused by the infection. It can also help to speed up the healing process by helping to kill fungal spores. To use cinnamon to treat ringworm, mix one teaspoon of ground cinnamon with two tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil. Apply the mixture to the affected area and leave it on for 30 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water and pat the area dry. Repeat this process 2-3 times a day until the infection has cleared up.
Taking measures to prevent ringworm is essential, as it is easily spread through contact with an infected person or animal. There are many ways to prevent ringworm, like:
- Wash your hands regularly, especially after coming into contact with someone with ringworm or touching an infected area on your body.
- Avoid sharing personal items, such as towels, brushes, and clothing, with someone who has ringworm.
- Keep your skin clean and dry, and avoid walking barefoot in public places.
- Wear sandals or other footwear in public places, such as locker rooms, saunas, and pools.
- Wear loose-fitting and breathable clothing.
- Avoid contact with animals that have ringworm.
With the Emoha app, you get access to 24/7 emergency support for non-medical and medical emergencies that can be availed from any place in India within seconds. You also get exclusive benefits like travel booking assistance, special discounts on travel and medicine, a helpdesk for daily support, and much more. You can also read exclusively tailored blogs for seniors on several topics, ranging from health to well-being to entertainment. Download the app from the Google Playstore or the iOS App Store.
The prospects for those who have ringworm are excellent; most cases resolve within two weeks. Applying home treatments for ringworm regularly and as soon as symptoms appear might significantly increase their efficacy. If the symptoms do not go away in two weeks, a doctor will prescribe a stronger medication that will most likely cure the infection quickly.
The fastest home remedy for ringworm is to apply a topical antifungal cream to the affected area.
Some tips on how to get rid of ringworm permanently and quickly may include:
– Applying a topical antifungal cream.
– Keeping the area clean and dry.
– Avoid tight-fitting clothing.
Some common natural methods for ringworm treatment include using apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, tea tree oil, or applying a mixture of baking soda and water to the affected area.
Yes, ringworms go away naturally over time.
The strongest treatment for ringworm is likely to be an antifungal medication. These can be applied to the skin or taken orally.