Prostatitis is the third most common urinary tract problem for men older than the age of 50 whereas it is the most common for men younger than the age of 50.
There are four types of prostatitis:
- Chronic prostatitis or chronic pelvic pain syndrome
- Acute bacterial prostatitis
- Chronic bacterial prostatitis
- Asymptomatic inflammatory prostatitis
While the first three have symptoms, asymptomatic inflammatory prostatitis does not show any symptoms and can get diagnosed when getting tested for other urinary tract disorders.
With an annual health checkup and monthly doctor visits under Emoha’s Assure Plan, you can be certain about your health.
Symptoms of Prostatitis:
The symptoms of prostatitis are:
- Frequent urination is one of the most common symptoms of prostatitis
- Burning sensation when urinating is again one of the many symptoms of prostatitis
- Difficulty during urination
- Body aches, especially lower back pain
- Blood in the urine
- Cloudy urine
- Pain in the perineum (the area between the scrotum and rectum)
- Chills and fever
- Painful ejaculation
- Pain in the testicles
If you are experiencing any of the above-mentioned symptoms of prostatitis, do not hesitate to consult a urologist.
- Treatment of prostatitis:
- Treatment of prostatitis depends on its type:
Antibiotics: Prescribing antibiotics is the most common treatment for prostatitis. The medication is chosen depending on the type of bacteria that has caused the infection.
Alpha-blockers: Another sort of medication that is helpful in the treatment of prostatitis is alpha-blockers, which help in the relaxation of the bladder muscles and ease symptoms such as painful urination.
Anti-Inflammatory Agents: Anti-inflammatory drugs—also called NSAIDs—such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen sodium are helpful in the treatment of prostatitis and make one feel more comfortable.
Other treatments of prostatitis include:
- Sitz baths, more commonly known as warm baths
- Relaxation exercises
- Local heat therapy with the help of heating pads or hot water bottles
Emoha Elder Care comprises of experts in the field of healthcare services. We understand the struggles one has to face while dealing with such medical conditions. Therefore, we ensure to stand by the side of our elders who are facing such issues.
Be it prostatitis or any other condition, we are equipped to take proper care of our elders and help them in defeating such diseases.
If you think we can help you, please reach out to us on 1800-123-445555.