Imagine acute pain in your hips, shoulders, elbow, and knees in your late 30’s or early 40’s. It may appear as calcium or other minerals deficiency, but it is much more than that. The pain grows as you turn older and may develop into chronic joint pain. Initially, you may not require to visit the doctor, but you must visit once based on joint pain causes.
Yes, joint pain causes decide whether you can treat it at home or need special care. Let’s understand joint pain causes:
- Arthritis related
- Non-arthritis related
Joint pain causes
Arthritis related to joint pain explains itself well. The one that occurs because of arthritis but it is further subdivided into osteoarthritis (OA) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
The osteoarthritis joint pain means the breakdown of cartilage which serves as a cushion between two bones. It generally occurs because of the age factor and affects your knees, neck, lower back, hips, and fingers.
Joint pain can also be a chronic autoimmune disease that predominantly affects joints, known as rheumatoid arthritis. The symptoms for the same are severe. That’s when you must consult a doctor for joint pain treatment.
Joint pain that doesn't relate to arthritis occurs because of depression, hypothyroidism, hemarthrosis, etc.
Joint pain treatment
If you have been diagnosed with joint pain recently, follow the below-mentioned joint pain treatment
- Self-care at home: The initial and crucial step towards joint pain treatment is self-care. It includes a visit to your doctor at regular intervals, formal exercise routine, healthy habits, and weight loss
- Medication: Based on your diagnosis, the doctor may recommend some medication to ease your joint pain
- Physiotherapy: During joint pain, your joints and muscles around it must have a range of motion. For the same, physiotherapy is your one-stop solution
- Alternative methods: Apart from physiotherapy and self-care, you may indulge in other joint pain treatment like acupuncture and yoga
- Surgery: The last and least recommended option is complete joint replacement
Furthermore, joint pain treatment needs special care, attention, daily monitoring, and advice. With a hectic lifestyle, it becomes difficult for you to work on such things. Let Emoha Elder Care help you with the same.
For instance, if someone in your family suffers from joint pain, contact us for a Smart Home Care plan. Our Care Angels (nurses) and Care Partners (attendants) will provide you the support you need. We have other plans as well to meet your needs. To know more, feel free to call us on our helpline number 1800-123-445555..